TDUK Learning day – UKTR, CITES, Certifications and more
A free and open learning day for members of TDUK and guests. Click on the links to download presentation slides PDFs
#UKTR, due diligence, certification, CITES, OPSS
A day of learning, sharing, and discussion on everything related to UKTR, Due Diligence, Certification and more:
- Gain insights from other companies as they share their experiences and approaches to continuous improvement.
- Ask the UK Competent Authority (OPSS) your questions and learn their recommendations for enforcing the UK Timber Regulation.
- Learn about the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) and its enforcement when shipping goods to the UK from APHA, the CITES Management Authority in the UK as well as the latest changes to CITES listings.
- If you are a member of TDUK preparing for your first RPP audit (as part of the TDUK Code of Conduct for compliance against UKTR), come and meet the auditors from Soil Association on how to prepare, what to expect, and how to avoid common mistakes.
*Coffee and light lunch included. There are limited spaces, please register soon.
When: Wednesday, 28th June 2023, 09:30 – 16:30
Where: The Building Centre, 26 Store St, London WC1E 7BT
09:30: Coffee and registration
10:00 – 10:15: Introduction and workshop overview
10:15 – 11:40: Audit on UKTR DDS (Soil Association)
-Role of Soil Association
-Meet the auditor team
- Overview on UKTR DDS audit
-Audit process, approach, criteria, report, tools etc.
-Key observations on trends and DD approaches
-Emerging common issues
- Group exercises
-What does a good due diligence summary report look like?
-Identification and delivery of mitigation actions
-Effective communication of decision making + presentation of evidence
11:40 – 12:30: Company sharing and open discussion
12:30 – 13:30: Lunch and networking
13:30 – 14:30: OPSS update
- Enforcement approach, procedures, penalties
- UK position on timber from Russia/Belarus/Ukraine
- Key observations on common failures
14:30 – 14:40: Break
14:40 – 15:30: CITES and how it works in the UK (APHA)
- Introduction to CITES
- CITES in the UK (Authorities, regulations and processes)
- Overview of timber species listed in CITES, recent and upcoming changes.
15:30 – 16:20 Certification, the basics (Soil Association)
- Chain of Custody + Core labour requirement + Controlled Wood etc.
- FSC/PEFC Audit
- EUDR and Certification
16:20 – 16:30 Summary and evaluation of the day
Any questions, please email email@example.com
Event short description (used on home page):
A free and open learning day for members of TDUK