Building from England’s Woodlands + Transforming Timber Platform Launch
This event will present the findings from the 1st year of the Forestry Commission Timber in Construction Innovation funded “Building from England’s Woodlands” project led by NMITE in partnership with dRMM Architects, Ecosystems Technologies, Edinburgh Napier University and Built Environment – Smarter Transformation (BE-ST) and see the launch of a new “Transforming Timber” platform.
Come and hear from the consortium of experts in timber construction and engineering who are delivering on this project and exploring ways to boost the use of English hardwood forest products across the built environment, in a move which could significantly improve the carbon footprint of the UK’s buildings and support diverse woodland ecosystems.
Ending with the launch of Transforming Timber, the output of the Innovate UK funded project led by BE-ST in partnership with ENU and Ecosystems Technologies to accelerate the commercialisation of UK sourced mass timber products. The content and outputs of the project will be covered including information on life cycle analysis, value chain mapping, quality assurance test work, manufacturing compatibility and case study examples of use including post occupancy evaluation.
Come and learn more about:
• Suitability of certain species of English homegrown trees for their use in construction
• Sawn, engineered, and mass timber products including cross-laminated timber (CLT) and glue-laminated timber (glulam) that can be formed from the resource.
• The potential utilisation of the timber resource in modern methods of construction and associated co-products such as wood fibre insulation.
• Case study examples of UK sourced mass timber products and how they were manufactured, tested and quality assured
• The new Transforming Timber platform for exchanging knowledge on UK sourced timber products for future built environment delivery
– Building from England’s Woodland is attendance in person only
– Transforming Timber is attendance in person as a short presentation following directly on from Building from England’s Woodland, for those that wish to attend
1245 – 1300: Registration with cold refreshments (soft drinks) available
1300 – 1630: Building From England’s Woodlands
1630 – 1700: Transforming Timber platform launch
1730: Networking drinks at The Court, 108a Tottenham Court Road, W1T 5AA
Event short description (used on home page):
Forestry Commission Timber in Construction Innovation